Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT in /home/selectprod/webapps/double-glazing-leeds-co-uk/public/wp-content/themes/starglaze/includes/lazysizes/wp-lazysizes.php on line 129
The BFRC Scheme is the UK’s national system for rating the energy efficiency of windows, It is recognised within the Building Regulations as a method to show compliance for your replacement windows installation.
Window Energy Ratings (WER) use a consumer-friendly traffic-light style A-E ratings guide similar to that used on ‘white’ goods (such as fridges, freezers, washing machines etc.). This simple ratings label is for you to make more informed choices about the energy efficiency of the windows you are looking to purchase.
What Information is Displayed on the BFRC Label?
- Each window rated by the BFRC carries a unique label.
- This label will display the following information:
- The rating level – A, B, C, etc.
- The energy rating eg. -3kWh/(m²·K) in this example the product will lose 3 kilowatt hours per square metre per year.
- The window U value eg. 1.4W/(m²·K)
- The effective heat loss due to air penetration as L. E.g. 0.01 W/(m²·K)
- The solar heat gain eg. g=0.43
How Does This Help Me?
Simply put this will determine how well a product will perform the functions of:
- Helping you contain and conserve heat within your building in the winter
- Keeping out the wind
- Resisting condensation
- Contributing to improved sound insulation
Energy Efficient Windows are easy to recognise – simply look for the BFRC Label.